Things to Do in St. Francisville Louisiana
No matter what your idea of a great day includes - we’ve got it all in St. Francisville, Louisiana. Booking at our premier hotel means more than just comfortable beds and great features. It also means a fantastic staff on hand to point you in the direction of the many great things to see and do in and around town – some of them within walking distance! As far a downtown St. Francisville goes, our location can’t be beat!
About a 45 minute drive North of Baton Rouge, Hotel Francis is a great home base for seeing the sights and attending local events such as the Angola State Prison Rodeo and the Rosedown Plantation which dates back to the 1700’s. Business travelers will appreciate being just 28 miles from the Entergy Louisiana Station Power Plant!
For more information and great shopping, dining, sight-seeing and more, consult with our front desk staff!
Nature & Wildlife
Enjoy the great outdoors while staying at our Saint Francisville hotel. Try fishing at the pond located just behind the hotel or visit other local nature and wildlife areas to enjoy public gardens, hiking paths, biking trails and birdwatching spots.
- Tunica Hill State Wildlife Area
- Clark Creek Nature Area
Historic Saint Francisville
Explore Saint Francisville and discover charming restaurants and cafes, antique shopping, and learn more about our rich culture and history! Visit historic plantation homes open for tours, including the Rosedown Plantation - only 1.3 miles away.
Don't miss out on our exciting local events! From the Cajun Jeep Jamboree in April, the Angola Rodeo in April and October, to the Hummingbird Celebration in September, there's always fun things to do for everyone year 'round!
- Angola Rodeo: April & October
- Afton Villa Gardens March: June & October-November
- Imahara’s Botanical Garden: Weekends in March-July, October- December
- Audubon Pilgrimage: March
- St. Francisville Spring Garden Stroll- May
- Day the War Stopped: June
- Walker Percy Weekend: June
- Hummingbird Celebration: September
- Polos & Pearls: August
- Southern Garden Symposium: October
- The Myrtles Halloween Experience: October
- Yellow Leaf Arts Festival: October
- Warrior Dash: October
- Harvest Festival on False River: October
- LA Vets Fest: November
- Christmas in the Country: December
- Christmas Tour of Homes: December
For more information, visit St. Francisville Tourism.